Healing Saturday – Charlotte
Check out this video about Healing Saturday by Mike Krzyzewski (head basketball coach for Duke University):
When: Saturday, September 30, 2017
11:00 am to 2:00 pm
Where: JHG Financial Advisors
1370 Briar Creek Road
Charlotte, NC 28205
Please come out and join us with the family for Healing Saturday
- Have some good BBQ from Midwood Smokehouse with Sir Purr from the Carolina Panthers
- Meet and greet with some of your local veterans
- Kids and adult fly tying classes
- Casting demonstrations
- Raffles and silent auctions for Fishing Trips, Fishing Gear and Flies from the following area fly shops and outfitters:
- Jesse Brown’s
- Great Outdoor Provision Co.
- Madison River Fly Fishing Outfitters
- NC Fly Fishing Guide Service
- Orvis Charlotte
- The Sporting Gent
- Bid on several boxes of hand tied flies provided by some of our veterans and volunteers
CHARLOTTE – Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing is pleased to announce that its program will be hosting simultaneous events, “Healing Saturday,” on Saturday, September 30, 2017 to raise funds and awareness of their cause and the injured and disabled veterans they serve.
Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing (PHWFF) is dedicated to the physical and emotional rehabilitation of disabled active military service personnel and disabled veterans. PHWFF is unique in that volunteers are teaching fly fishing classes on an on-going, long-term basis. It is much more than a one-day fishing trip. Program activities include fly fishing instruction, fly tying classes, fly casting workshops, rod building and fly fishing outings. Last year, PHWFF served more than 7,000 veteran participants at their 200-plus programs nationwide.
A special thank you to Judson Gee with JHG Financial Advisors for hosting this very worthwhile event.
Gee said; “Project Healing Waters is passion of mine because I am a devoted fly fisherman myself, I know what it does for my soul, and I believe in helping our brave veterans in every way we can. I’m honored to offer my office and property in this beautiful neighborhood to be used to honor our veterans, educate the community on PHW, and provide some unity.”
We hope to see you there!